Hi Pedro,

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:31:44AM -0800, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> > > The good news is that in KDE my patch will replace
> > > them with the Tango icon set :
> > > http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Showroom
> > >
> > > which is already used in gnome, and that will
> > > ultimately make Apache OpenOffice more
> > > consistent in all desktop environments.
> >
> > IMO this is a bad idea. If the default KDE icons (by the
> > way, AFAIK this is hard-coded, not retrieved from the
> > vcl plugin) are gone, then KDE
> > should have the OOo default icons, not Gnome icons.
> >

> We only have control over the style symbols here:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/vcl/source/app/settings.cxx?sortby=date&r1=1203215&r2=1203214&pathrev=1203215
>
> Tango Desktop icons are meant to be used by both KDE and
> Gnome and I don't think there's a way to make the icons
> pluggable :(. Let me know if you have a better solution.

not sure if better, but IMO kde should default to OOo's default, not
gnome's icon theme.

In StyleSettings::GetAutoSymbolsStyle() it was:

    if( bCont )
    {
        if( rDesktopEnvironment.equalsIgnoreAsciiCaseAscii(  "gnome" ) )
             nRet = STYLE_SYMBOLS_TANGO;
        else if( rDesktopEnvironment.equalsIgnoreAsciiCaseAscii( "kde" ) )
             nRet = STYLE_SYMBOLS_CRYSTAL;
     }

remove the else and kde will default to OOo's default (Galaxy).
May be a cleaner solution is a configure option to enable those
themes in the build and surround the code with ifdefs?

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina