Hi Pedro,

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 05:37:31PM -0800, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> > remove the else and kde will default to OOo's default
> > (Galaxy).
>
> I would be really afraid of existing users recalling the
> icons as too old-stylish. The Tango icons are not really
> Gnome specific, they specifically mention KDE in their
> website.

IMO the tango icons look uglier than the Galaxy icon set, but it's just
a question of taste. And the Galaxy is the only one we can be sure that
has all the required icons. (try the tango icon set and you'll see that
OOo still uses some Galaxy icons for the missing icons).
What happens now in OOo from Oracle's times if you remove the crystal icon set
from OOo installation? ... it will default to the default icon set; your
patch was changing the existing behaviour.

On the other hand, AOO is removing copy left stuff from the source code,
but not removing the functionality in the OOo side, that is fine as it
is code now under the AL. So it seems that the approach with the images
should be to add some configure switches to enable them providing some
--with-system-crystal-icons or --with-system-icons etc.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina