Hi

(Nonsense words? iPad's spellchecker.)

-- Louis Suárez-Potts

On 2011-11-18, at 16:42, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I wouldn't even start considering a proposal from TOOo without changes to
> their website where the ASF, Apache ownership of the OpenOffice.org trademark
> and Apache OO doesn't exist. Where the whole OOo is in trouble if people
> don't give TOOo donations.
>
> This must change immediately.

I also agree. I would like to propose that there be a formal system whereby
supporters of the Apache development (OO) can be authorised to use the relevant
trademarks, and also be required in exchange to refer to the Apache OO effort.
Development must take place within Apache, but at the same time, there has to
be room for supporting organisations, such as, I'd say, Team OO

I should add: I am not a member of TOOo, though I know the members well and
have worked with them for 11 years. I also have proposed consulting for them
and placing their nonprofit as a vehicle for the promotion, support, services,
and advancement of AOO. In short, to be friends with Apache and to materially
help with the new project--and it's ancien régime users, many of whom are
governments and the like.

Louis