On 1/6/12 11:54 AM, Andre Fischer wrote:
Ah, found another one:

Synaptic on Ubuntu 11.10 has a package "openoffice.org" which installs
LibreOffice. It is not installed by default (the "libreoffice" package
is) and also provides the 'explanation'

<quote>
This is a transitional package, replacing the OpenOffice.org packaging
with the LibreOffice packaging.

It can be safely removed after an upgrade.
</quote>

but still, is this OK?

it sounds strange and not really ok for me. First they could still support older versions of OOo and second we would probably like to reserve this package name for an upgrade to AOO if possible at a later time.

I hope we can find some support for this later. But using the name and installing something different is of course confusing and misleading, isn't it?

Juergen