Hi

On 30 January 2012 14:07, Shane Curcuru <a...@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:

> On 2012-01-30 1:37 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:

>>> You should be able to get to the old site, but it will be going away.
>>

>> I can easily get to the old site.
>> The point of my email was that I no longer have admin privileges. I
>> need them to do the things asked of me.
>

> What specific things are being asked of you?

To remove a specific email message posted to a public list
(documentation) by mistake.

> Why aren't they being brought to the list (either details, or at least an
> overview of what this work is about)?

Because the person wanting the removal, I presume, did not know about
the new changes. I have no problem explaining things--have--but I'm
simply laying out the facts.

> What of this work will still need to be done once the old site goes away?

No idea, as not sure what precisely will replace the old. Actually,
and my apologias, but I have to fill in a lot of gaps in your question
to arrive at any kind of sense. I think you mean, "Speaking of this
matter, where you had admin privileges that allowed you to do things
on behalf of mistaken users, will you, or someone like you, still be
needing that order of privilege, once we decommission and remove the
old site? Removal would mean that all queries related to admin tasks
would have to come to this public list, which required subscription."

The interesting thing, perhaps: Would the old archives holding the
mistaken mail posts also migrate and if so would they still need ad
hoc pruning per request? I'd goes two yeas won't make a nay.

louis