On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Mar 20, 2012, at 9:45 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
> > <arie...@apache.org>wrote:
> >

> >> Hi Kay,

> an
> message

> sent
> >> are

> >> I tried with my original empty xml file (not a feed) and it works as
> >> expected with every combination:
> >>
> >> UpdateURL=
> >> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
> >>
> >> UpdateURL=
> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=rpm
> >>
> >> UpdateURL=
> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=deb
> >>
> >> UpdateURL=
> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=dmg
> >>
> >> I can't see why it does not work for you.
> >> Please try pointing the UpdateURL to this file
> >> http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
> >>

> >> Regards
> >> --
> >> Ariel Constenla-Haile
> >> La Plata, Argentina
> >>

> > Well, foo, when I do this replacement, it does work as you say! Darn! OK,
> > let me re-investigate why the other snippet with my internal host
> redirect
> > isn't working quite right! :(
>
> How are doing this redirect?
>
> Regards,
> Dave

I've got the following in my local /etc/hosts

 140.211.11.131  update36.services.openoffice.org

here are versions I've played with in "versionrc" (I split the lines for
easier reading for you)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[Version]
AllLanguages=en-US
buildid=330m20(Build:9567)
ExtensionUpdateURL=
http://updateexte.services.openoffice.org/ExtensionUpdateService/check.Update
OOOBaseVersion=3.3
ProductBuildid=9567
ProductMajor=330
ProductMinor=20
ProductSource=OOO330
UpdateID=OpenOffice.org_3_en-US

#UpdateURL=
http://update36.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=rpm

UpdateURL=
http://update36.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update

#UpdateURL=
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=rpm

UpdateUserAgent=<PRODUCT> (${buildid}; ${_OS}; ${_ARCH};
BundledLanguages=${AllLanguages})
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

using Ariel's returns "no update". Using the current one with the redirect
returns the error business. (i mean it connects but I get a different
message, a failed...)

Things of note vis a vis people.apache.org vs www.openoffice.org (where I
have the current re-route)

If you just bring up:

http://www.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update

vs

http://people.apache.org/~arielch/ProductUpdateService/check.Update

they look different in my browser...one has "UTF-8" vs "utf-8"

so I'm curious about this. I did up a little cgi and ran it on both
people.apache.org and well, ooo-site-staging.apache.org and they both
produce the same environment info.  So ???

http://people.apache.org/~kschenk/cgi-bin/env.cgi
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/cgi-bin/env.cgi

I will change the "UTF-8" to "utf-8" on www.openoffice.org and see what
happens. Also did a diff on them and nothing but the case business.

Meanwhile -- do you know how we get cgi to run on www.openoffice.org? I see
we have a directory for this. I dumped some test scripts in it, but
www.openoffice.org/cgi-bin/h.cgi (Hello World) preoduces nothing. :(

If not, I will get in touch with INFRA.