On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Marc Sanders <marcsander...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Rob Weir <robweir <at> apache.org> writes
>

> > The MO is typically to install adware, not viruses.  Virus writing is
> > not a business model.  Some anti-virus apps report adware, some don't.
> >  But if you don't see anything, that might be a good sign.  After all,
> > adware that you can't see is not a business model either.
> >
> > When I get a chance I'll try installing on a virtual
> > machine and see what I get.
> >
> > -Rob
>
> Installing on a virtual machine--great idea.  Let
> me know what you get.

Tried on an XP SP3 VM.  DIfferent results that you had, and different what
I saw on the website last week.  Now it appears to offer the full 150MB 3.3
download, as signed by Oracle.  Evidently some cat & mouse going on.

In any case, the safest way to download is always via
http://download.openoffice.org.

-Rob