On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Claudio Filho <filh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2012/5/3 Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>:
>> We have VBA support in Symphony.  It looks like the Symphony
>> developers are starting to add some technical documentation about the
>> features they added to Symphony, beyond what is in OOo.
>
> Rob, a curiousity: this support is a translation from VBA to OOo Basic
> or other language? Or other thing?

VBA support means support to VBA script in MS document, especially in
excel documents.
It is not translation from VBA to OOo Basic.  But Star Basic script
engine is reused and VBA script is mapping to UNO API instead of
Star Basic.

VBA support includes correctly open and execute VBA script in a MS
document, editing and save back the VBA script in a MS document.
Things are also different for MS document binary format and 2007/2010 format.

> And, i'm not sure if i understood, but this expertise in Symphony will
> migrate to AOO?

This is just a wiki to clarify the VBA support status in AOO3.4. Chen
Peng is an expertise on VBA and OO.o programability from Symphony
team. But he is not a AOO committer yet. If he want to do anything
significant on VBA for AOO, he needs post his idea/plan in AOO wiki
first.