----- Original Message -----

Doesn't sound all that smart to me tbh, but you could setup %path::dependencies
with something along these lines in path.pm:

    my @html_files_in_foo_dir = glob "content/foo/**/*.html";
    for (@html_files_in_foo_dir) {
         s/content//;
         $dependencies{$_} = "/foo/ssi.mdtext";
    }

Just don't try this outside the foo dir or that glob call will take forever
and be totally pointless: just leave the file in templates.