On 05/15/12 07:23, Roberto Resoli wrote:
2012/5/15 Pedro Giffuni<p...@apache.org>:
Hello,
what is used of Tomcat for inside AOO? Do you mean the
entire Tomcat API or
the Servlet part only?  I tried to find some info about
this, having
found Tomcat update
notice inside AOO 3.4 release notes. Cold you point me to
some documentation?

We only use the servlet API and its used for Apache Commons
so its basically an extensions-only thing.
so, I guess, the presence of the servlet API  in AOO
is only there as a dependancy of Apache Commons, and "Tomcat"
is the particular implementation chosen of the servlet specification
(version 2.4, for tomcat 5.5.35 [1]).
Do you think this might be worthwhile a rewording in the Release Notes?

The change is meant to be transparent. I don't think it's worth to
detail much more about it.

Pedro.