The extend of "bureacratic issues" will depend on the extent of support and
acceptance you require.

Without specific requests, there is no way of knowing what conditions the ASF
and the Apache OpenOffice project might set.

What do you require that constitutes "acceptance"?

What do you require that is essential as "support"?

With regard to mailing lists, there is a fairly simply process to create one.
@incubator.apache.org already has ooo-general-es, ooo-general-ja,
ooo-progetto-it, ooo-users-de, ooo-users-fr, and ooo-utenti-it.  Contributors
who arranged to set up and support those lists can answer your questions here
on ooo-dev.  You can also communicate with -owner of those lists (e.g.,
ooo-utenti-it-owner @incubator.apache.org).  See this:
<http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/native-lang.html>.

There is no PT or PT-BR (can they not be combined?) on the Apache OpenOffice
Community Forums.  There are ways to accomplish that as well.  I don't know if
that would be helpful to your community or not:
<http://user.services.openoffice.org/>.  Operators of the community forums are
also found here on ooo-dev.

 - Dennis