Il 20/05/2012 20:57, Paulo de Souza Lima ha scritto:
2012/5/20 Wolf Halton<wolf.hal...@gmail.com>

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Paulo de Souza Lima<
paulo.s.l...@varekai.org>  wrote:

2012/5/20 Paolo Pozzan<pa...@z2z.it>

Reading to all other messages in this thread, I think many missed the
point.
The problem is not about what language to use, but how to manage the
to-be-volunteers which don't or wouldn't have the same skills as ours.
Volunteers are a big marketing weapon; is like happy workers that
freely
advertise the company they work for. OTOH rejected volunteers (even for
difficulty of access - e.g. language) will feel the final product less
theirs, so they will be less willing to marketing that.

Like many "opposers" of AOO Project (incubating) (get it? ;-) say, the
Apache Software Foundation has a long history of successful software
for
skilled technical users. I bet that the average OpenOffice user don't
even
know what a programming language exactly is, so I think this is a new
exciting challenge for the Apache folks.

What I understood in my experience with italian volunteers is that
people
love to contribute in a hassle-free maneer, this means that someone
else
have to show them the way, letting them just do. I know this may sound
disappointing, but it is not a limit of freedom if someone choose by
his/her own to follow some rules.

I think that it would be useful to write some basic guidelines for the
native language teams to know what to do and what not. Letting them
know
it
would eventually lead to the birth of local communities, where "basic"
contributors will eventually will go there.
Maybe many of us have still in mind the old OpenOffice.org structure,
which worked fine for the language teams and to which we can consider
copying from.

Paolo

That's exactly what is happening to brazilian community. The most of us
have not technical skills. But we are AOO users and we have influence to
convince many people and organizations to give a chance on AOO. And we
are
being striked a lot because of that, but we are standing still.

--
Paulo de Souza Lima
http://almalivre.wordpress.com

Paulo,
I am not sure I understand either.  What is missing that would make it
easier for you to do what you want to accomplish?

Maybe is about what must be missed. Asking a volunteer to subscribe to a mailing list with hundreds of messages in a month can be very frustrating and also annoying.

Hi Wolf.

Nothing at all, actually. It would be good if we had a pt-br mailing list,
but we are using a mailing list from Escritorio Livre Community. The most
important for people up here,maybe, would have support and acceptance from
AOO without many "bureaucractic issues". We are proud to help and we help
for fun, without political or economic interests.

I think this could lead to a polemic discussion and I don't wish to be
polemic. Sorry.

Paulo, as long as you are looking for a way to get better processes you cannot lead to polemic discussions. Let's find a solution togheter.

Paolo