Am 06/07/2012 02:19 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:24 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
<orwittm...@googlemail.com>  wrote:
Hi,

On 06.06.2012 22:50, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

Am 06/06/2012 03:39 PM, schrieb Oliver-Rainer Wittmann:

Hi,

from what we have experienced so far from the "first phase" of the OOo
3.3 update service it makes sense to me to have the full OOo 3.3 update
service working at the end of this week.

As we would like to direct our users to a localized download page, if
possible, I want to put our attention on the "planned" download pages.
Rob already started a similar thread - namely "Audit of NL home pages"
[1], but I am not sure, if the one or the other already took action.

Please provide feedback regarding to which page the OOo 3.3 update
functionality should direct the user for these languages.

Arabic ->  ?

Chinese (simplified) ->  ?

Chinese (traditional) ->  ?

Czech ->  ?

Dutch ->  http://www.openoffice.org/nl/downloaden.html

English (US) ->  http://www.openoffice.org/download

French ->  http://www.openoffice.org/fr/Telecharger/

Galician ->  ?

German ->  ?

German ->  http://www.openoffice.org/download

On the mainpage "http://www.openoffice.org/de/"; there is only one big link
that
points to the central download webpage.

However, there are still some errors, so I'll update the site a bit to
make it
more Apache-like.

Thx for the feedback.

Thus, for German we will direct the user to English (US) download page.

Question for discussion:
Should we use the English (US) download page as a fallback for the languages
for which we have no localized download page?
orw's opinion: I am not in favor of such a fallback, but I currently see no
other solution.

I think we still want to gradually enable the upgrade notifications
over the next week.  Maybe we start with those that have good NL
download pages.  But at the end, we really need to enable everyone to
upgrade.  AOO 3.4 has important security patches.  So at the end, if
there is no good NL page we would direct them to the default English

Yes, I also think that the webpage in English is better than nothing.

page.   And if we get an improved NL page in the future, we can add
support for that,

Right.

Another question for discussion:
Does it make sense to adapt the URL parameter "utm_source=OOo3_3" to
"utm_source=OOo3_3_[language code]" in order to distinguish the languages on
this level?

+1. Then we can see which language builds are really downloaded independent from the browser. And on this way we can identify the hotspots of interest.

Marcus

Not really necessary.  Google already tracks the country and locale,
so we can already see the distribution that way.  It also tracks the
platform.

Best regards, Oliver.

Hungarian ->  ?

Italian ->  http://openoffice.org/it/download

Japanese ->  http://www.openoffice.org/ja/download/

Portuguese (Brazilian) ->  ?

Russian ->  http://www.openoffice.org/ru/about-downloads.html

Spanish ->  http://www.openoffice.org/es/descargar/

[1] http://ooo-dev.markmail.org/thread/7ydafrdrqxpctsy3

Thanks in advance for your help, Oliver.

Marcus