Hello All,

As mentioned in an earlier post, collectively, our social assets present a
huge opportunity to engage the AOO user community, capture insight,
feedback and thoughts on the current health of our products, and our future
product direction.

Harvesting data from our social media assets, forums and mailing lists is
an extremely challenging task. With soooooooo much content in disparate
sources, it is likely that many threads will fade into the archives.
However, we can attempt to harvest any insight that is considered relevant
and actionable - so that the valueable data is not lost.

Also, some AOO contributors cannot access some social media sites.
Capturing social data in the AOO UX wiki also ensures the relevant and
actionable social data is open, accessible and visible to all.

To be clear, I understand that such effort is not going to capture
everything, nor is it ever complete. Rather, this is a chance to capture
any notable insight that could help drive informed design and development
decisions in the future. Some data is better than none.

Also, some international AOO contributors cannot access some social media
sites. Capturing social data in the AOO UX wiki also ensures the relevant
and actionable social data is open, accessible and visible to all.

I have created a number of pages within the AOO UX wiki [1] for harvesting
and capturing social data.

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_Social_Data

I invite everyone to harvest insight from our social media and post to the
wiki. If you see something relevant, that could be actionable, please
harvest this information and post to the wiki. Feel free to tweak the
document table format to suite the content.

Such raw data can help feed the development of informed UX work products
moving forward. For example, such data can help us define our user roles,
validate key usage scenarios and capture actionable product
recommendations. Tracing our design and development work products to real
data ensures that we will make informed decisions driven by end user
insight.

Do not hesitate to contact me for more information on this ongoing research
activity.

Regards,
Kevin