On 6/25/12 6:47 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
we currently provide only full install set for the languages that we
releases or plan to release for 3.4.1. But we are open to support more
languages when we notice and see a working translation community for a
language. That means ideally not only 1 person but a group of people who
can actually review the translation ...
Hi Juergen,

The translation of OpenOffice to Khmer is done since 2004 by a group of professional localizers hired by the Open Institute (a local Cambodian NGO). Sokhem has been managing this group since 2005.

The NGO works with the Cambodian government on the migration of OpenOffice, and mostly with the Ministry of Education, which has made OpenOffice in Khmer compulsory in Education (MS is not allowed in schools).

We have always worked directly using .SDF files, not using Pootle, mostly because we were using XLIFF files instead of PO to localize, as it is much more efficient. We developed our own XLIFF editor (WordForge).

Having Khmer included in the list and having a 3.4.1 installer would be great for us, as the gap since 3.3 has already been to long. The translation in Pootle will be completed within this week.

Cheers,

Javier

We can include a Khmer language pack for the upcoming dev snapshots for
3.5 to help you verifying the current state of the translation.

Juergen