On 2012-07-17 1:15 AM Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
I agree in general to you and thanks for summarizing this topic. I have
only one point to add, why should we mention potential problems that we
can't reproduce? In this case I would not mention it, it would be
different if we couldn't fix the problem. But we simply can't reproduce it.

Check how many times this problem has been reported on the users forum. The collective wisdom of all the people giving support for windows is to use Java 1.6 32 bit. I don't use Windows but I recall that many of the reported problems were on new installations of OpenOffice.

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." -
Edgard Varese