2012/8/15 Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>

> Hi all,
>
> this is a call for vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache
> OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating). This will be our first bug fix release
> after the AOO 3.4 from May 8th. A further milestone to show that we
> deliver good and stable software with focus on quality. It will again
> help to continue the success of OpenOffice.org and will gain confidence
> in OpenOffice.
>
> This time I did not prepare a separate page to highlighting the release
> candidate. We had developer snapshot since several weeks and the latest
> one based on revision 1372282 is intended to become released if the
> voting succeeds. That means and to make it clear you vote here on the
> final release based on this snapshot build.
>

> This release is intended to be a bug fix release and to introduce some
> further languages:
> (1) 71 issues are fixed and a detailed list can be watched under
> http://s.apache.org/Huv.
> (2) 5 further languages are now officially supported: British English,
> Khmer, Slovenian, Slovak, and Finnish.
>
> For a detailed feature overview please see the release notes under
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Release+Notes
> .
>

> The release candidate artifacts (source release, as well as binary
> releases for 20 languages) and further information how to verify and
> review Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 (incubating) can be found on the
> following wiki page:
>
> hhttps://
> cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOO3.4.1
>

> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1
> (incubating).
>
> The vote starts now and will be open until:
>
>    Saturday, 18 August: 2012-08-18 2:00pm UTC+2.
>
> After the vote of the PPMC the vote will start on
> gene...@incubtor.apache.org mailing and will be open for further 72 hours.
> But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
> to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
> members.
>
>    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating)
>    [ ]  0 Don't care
>    [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...

+1
Installed zh-CN version on Windows, worked on both ODF and MS Office format
by loading/saving/editing/printing/converting with no problem.
Noticed some minor defects on installer for file association and
translation, will submit to BZ. But they are not regression and not release
blocker.

- Shenfeng