Am 08/30/2012 09:09 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
On 29/08/2012 Andreas Säger wrote:
Then extract some old version of Java6 (<= revision 23), point the
office to it and try again. It's many times faster.

So, to recap: the best version of Java we could mention as a workaround
(after saying that Java 7 is supported and more secure, of course) is
"jre-6u23-windows-i586.exe" as found on
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase6-419409.html#jre-6u23-oth-JPR

right?

But then we should write a bit more text with another paragraph to point explicitely to this specific version when the user needs it. Then the users can choose themselves:

a) The most recent JRE 6 if they look for security.
b) JRE 6u23 if they need the AOO Base compatibility.

That one is older than the versions that both I (6.32) and Marcus (6.x
current) had put on that page, but since people will go to that page
expecting to find a workaround I'd prefer to mention a version that can
be a workaround for multiple issues (Java not found, Java operations
slow in Base and so on). Andreas in
http://markmail.org/message/w6x6e4dlzgwtfyd7 mentions that 6.22 works,
but if 6.23 is fine too I'd list the newer one.

+1

So, when this is our consensus I will update the webpage on the weekend.

Marcus