Some musings:

 1. I notice that the cafeteria tray is getting very full with these items.

 2. I wonder if using a wiki page would be better for consolidating the
consideration of traits and distinguishing what a PMC member shall bring to the
party beyond being a committer.

 3. The "Boy Scout Oath" came to mind for some reason.  Not that it is exactly
what we are looking for, but it certainly provides a kind of elevator speech on
what makes a Boy Scout.  I don't mean this for PMC, but it is interesting as a
concept, not in detail.  This is what it is in the US, and what it was when I
was a Scout some 60 years ago:
<http://www.usscouts.org/advance/boyscout/bsoath.asp>.  It's interesting that
the Boy Scout Motto is the same everywhere: "Be Prepared."

 4. FOCUS ON COMMUNITY BUILDING?  Something that has been a struggle on the
PPMC is addressing the Podling's actual preparedness and qualification for
graduation (the public sentiment that AOO is ready not being enough).  In
grappling with how qualification is demonstrated in terms of what the ASF
requires of a Top Level Project there is a serious question concerning how well
the AOO PPMC fosters community and a healthy project.  It might be that this
trait and how PMC members actively contribute to it is a critical place to
focus.  It is a duty of the PMC, and it is above and beyond the technical
skills of the individual members.  Without it, AOOi does not graduate.

 5. SO WHAT IS A HEALTHY, COMMUNITY-FOSTERING PROJECT?  What is meant by
community?  Shane Curcuru's blog is named "Community Before Code."  What does
that mean and what does the PMC and its membership bring to its fulfillment?

 6. I am willing to be perfectly clueless about this and ask those already
steeped in the Apache Way for guidance.  Based on recent discussions with
Shane, I think I see the AOO community a bit more broadly than he might.  But
that doesn't matter.  I think the traits of interest aren't contingent on
having agreement on community scope, but its healthy fostering.

What would that be?  And how is it manifest and evident to all onlookers?

 - Dennis