On 09/27/2012 10:31 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 09/25/2012 03:47 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

On Sep 25, 2012, at 3:26 PM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:

  Should we have a webdev list?

We discussed using the tags [WWW] last year.

In the past we did had dedicated list for each line of the project.
I am not sure this is something that should be discussed as the
work on redesign start growing.

Generally everything should be here.

Some suggestions on the design of the site: - Show the product,
currently there is nothing visual that relates the software with
office productivity.

Perhaps we should setup an area in ooo-site where we can have a
design contest. Let me think about how to do that technically using
the CMS.

Kay - you should continue to with whatever efforts you have in mind
with the main page. What I am thinking about is redesigning the
headers and footers.

oh -- OK

I need to get back into more extensive learning with the CMS too. :/

Right now, I have some recent mods in

http://www.openoffice.org/test/

to deal with the horizontal scrolling and trying to put "constant" items
we have in the right side area into permanent areas in the left hand column.

We can continue to use this area -- test. I would request that since I am
working on "index.html" which I hope to finish up and put into production
soon, that new designs be given some different name, along with alternative
names for the basic style sheets.

[ In this regard, PLEASE HELP fix the styling on my links under the social
area. I can not get this line to "move over" to align with the one above
AND keep this coloring for the links. Desperately in need of a CSS guru! ]

I think the fact that you are no longer using a <p> tag is what makes it

Well...all I can tell you is I used many many many permutations yesterday trying to get this do what I wanted it to. :) to no use...

I confess I am quite behind in my CSS and  at this point.

I will try to do some quick catch up in this regard, and maybe some rather large edits are needed to do something as simple as i'd like.

  - Responsive design, mobile browsers, tablets and devices can have
different dimensions on the site, having a RD conformant site
could help our users browse through the site.

yes...another reason to make changes

Sure. I think the best strategy might be to use a common set of css
tags in device specific css files that can then be varied according
to the dimensions of the browser.

That's one of the main reasons I wanted to do this. The two home page
columns are now laid out via percentages vs pixel widths.

  - Corporate theme, ViewVC, cWiki, Forum(?), Bugzilla have their
own theme, should there be efforts to adopt the same design like
the templates/extension/wiki site.

The way the CMS works the templates used for the websites can be
ported by the sysadmins and teams in the Forum and mWiki. cWiki is
harder. I'm sure that SF can follow as well.

  - Website QA - Possible broken pages due to the change in
frameworks (from Oracle to Apache) on smaller projects.

Download the source, discuss any errors, make the changes - JFDI.

Regards, Dave