On 9/27/12 11:42 PM, Andrew Rist wrote:
> Moving right along...
>
> I'd like to restart the discussion over choosing a PMC Chair.  The
> previous proposed process was discussed in:
> http://markmail.org/message/mrgnjtiuum5bovjd
> I'd like to take up where that left off.
>
> Here is the process (with minor modifications) from the original:
>
>    You can read about the duties of a PMC Chair here:
>    http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#chair
>
>    1) Nominations would be open for 72 hours.  Anyone can nominate
>    someone for the role.  Self-nominations are fine.  And of course
>    nominations can be declined.
>
>    2) If there is only one nomination, then we are done, provided there
>    are no sustained objections.
>
>    3) If there is more than one nomination we discuss on the list for
>    another 72 hours.  Discussion would primarily be on ooo-dev, but some
>    subjects might be directed to ooo-private.
>
>    4) If after 72-hours discussion there are still two or more nominees
>    then we vote.  Everyone would be welcome to vote, but binding votes
>    would be from PPMC members.  If there are more than 2 candidates,
>    there will be a run-off vote between the top two nominees if none of
>    the nominees receive an outright majority.
>

> (note: the last item was changed from the original - nothing more
> complicated than a two way run-off is needed, as it is unlikely we have
> more than two nominees.)
> I think this process is straight forward enough that we should just
> begin the process now.
>
> Andrew

first of all thanks for driving this forward, I was offline for some
days and I am happy to see that we made progress not only with the PMC
roster but also with the PMC chair selection.

I am in favor of Andrea Pescetti as well and think he would be a good
chair representing the overall community. I hope Andrea will be
available as potential PMC chair.

Juergen