Hello;

----- Original Message -----
> From: Rob Weir
>
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orc...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>>  I'm sorry, Rob.  Those files are toxic *for me*.  I can't touch
> them in their present state.  I also don't want to read them in their
> present state until the provenance and permissive licensing is dealt with.
>>

> The files are covered by an SGA, checked in by an IBM employee covered
> by an iCLA and a CCLA.  That is a triple assurance.   If the only
> thing that is holding you back from being productive with these files
> is the copyright header, then I'll make an extra effort to see if I
> can help you there.  I wouldn't want you to be blocked for the lack of
> this.    But I really wish you would have mentioned this before the
> day we're proposing graduation.  The contribution of Symphony was made
> months ago.
>
>>  What is irrelevant for you is not irrelevant for me.  And you're not my
> lawyer.
>>
>>  Offering to remove the files is bizarre.  What is that, slash-dot bait?
>>

> No, I'm serious.  If this is a blocking issue for anyone, I'm willing,
> able and happy to delete. I wouldn't want anyone concerned about
> "toxic files" in SVN.  When Pedro had concerns with the Cat-b  files
> in SVN he was praised for his "axe".  I'm just offering to use
> mine as
> well.
>
> -Rob

Who "praised" my axe? I recall *you* threatened to veto it :-P.
And now that you bring back the issue, I still think the cat-B files have to be
deleted *before* graduation.

The Symphony code is not relevant because none of it belongs to a release
yet. I do tend to agree that the code is only for reference and only IBM can
merge stuff.

Pedro.

ps. so far I have been the only one doing merges from AOO to Symphony ;).