On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 12-10-19, at 19:47 , Alexandro Colorado <j...@oooes.org> wrote:

> >> Super-cool and many more than I remember. :-)
> >
> > Just a note, I tried to upload to youtube a couple of the videos,
> > Youtube seems to take them except for the audio. Anyone know if OGG
> > audio is supported by youtube.
>
> Alexandro, I assume you did the simple search, in Google, of "OGG YouTube"?
>
> There is a video explaining things and claiming it's possible. The second
> entry however complicates things by showing how to convert the formats.
>
> Of course, there are numerous converters that are open source.
>
> -louis

In theory Youtube support both Theora and Vorbis, in practice however,
vorbis does have issues with the sound of the OOoCon06 videos.

There are different parameters which might have conflict with youtube
internal converter like the Hz, Samplerate and kbit quality. So some vorbis
(this also apply to other fileformats) will play nicer than otherones. My
Meego phone does display some ogg but others will cause trouble.

Of course transcoding is possible, but it will greatly delay the migration
to youtube.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice