On Thursday, October 25, 2012, RGB ES wrote:

> 2012/10/24 Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org <javascript:;>>
>
> > Alexandro Colorado wrote:

> perfectly
> >>>
> >> Who made Michael Acevedo the offical artist of AOO? If we are going to
> >> have a 'new' logo that automatically disqualify using MA logo
> >>

> > Nobody made Michael Acevedo the official artist, but a mailing list vote
> > approved his logo as the Apache OpenOffice logo for the 3.4.x series (at
> > that time, we believed that the version after 3.4.x would be 4.x). So,
> > again: for 3.4 and all official communication in 3.4 the reference logo
> is
> > that one, and not something that is 95% similar to it or that tweaks
> > colors/fonts. We must be consistent. This is the reason why we cannot use
> > your SVG version now.
> >
> > But it is understood, as Graham wrote, that this is a temporary solution.
> > For future releases we are free to adopt any new logo, having a
> similarity
> > to the current one anywhere between 0% and 100%, and since we are not
> under
> > pressure at the moment we can explore possibilities for a full
> rebranding:
> > logo, site, palette, icons... If we go for a full rebranding, it is good
> > make it coincident with the 4.0 release since it would be easier to
> > communicate and less suspicious to users.
> >

> +1.
>
> 4.0 is the time for a full rebranding, not before. Of course we need to
> start with this sooner than later, but IMO it is not urgent.
>
> Regards
> Ricardo
>
> KG01 - Agreed, this is my view as well. For now, we need to update some
graphics and remove the incubation reference. while these graphics include
the logo, we don't need to update the logo in those graphics. Moving
forward, we are free to explore some design alternatives for rebranding
which could be consumed in an AOO 4.0 release.

In the short term we should update the graphics, and in the mid term, we
should start exploring design options for a refresh. As any branding should
be associated with the look and feel of the tools, we should ensure the
branding design explorations align with any UI design explorations.

Regards,
Kevin