On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:07 PM, Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 23, 2012, Graham Lauder wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org
> <javascript:;>
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Alexandro Colorado wrote:

> we
> > >>>
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/download/**attachments/27834483/**
> >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27834483/ApacheOpenOfficeTM.svg

> > > Exactly. And this means we cannot use Alexandro's SVG since it is not a
> > > 100% reproduction of the bitmap by Michael Acevedo (the orb is
> perfectly
> > > done in SVG and it is the only SVG version of the orb we have
> available,
> > > since we never received one from Oracle; but the text has a slightly
> > > different formatting).
> > >

> > The SVG was done by Alexandro from Michael's bitmap IIRC.  Michael's was
> > never "official", it was just the one that happened to be available.
>  There
> > was never any consensus that Michael's was going to be anything other
> than
> > a stop-gap for a first release from the ApacheOO podling.  Going forward
> > there needs to be proposals and discussion and a new branding that
> reflects
> > the New OpenOffice.
> >
> > KG01 - agreed, lets start exploring design directions. I'll share my
> designs shortly. On training this week, just need some time at home office
> :)

I've put up a graphical text first proposal on the wiki to explore the
concept of a purely Graphical logo that doesn't use a particular font.
This would avoid secondary licensing issues that could go with using a
Typeface from a Forge.  The graphic was created in Inkscape from scratch
just using inkscape drawing tools with out recourse to using fonts even as
a guide.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.x+-+Logo+Explorations

Cheers
GL