On Oct 26, 2012, at 12:07 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> ...  it would probably allow to skip the release process and voting, since we
> would merely be adding 3-5 binary artifacts (built for different platforms).

It is an interesting question if we should only vote for source releases.
Certainly these are the only "official" release. I think that the practice is
to vote for binary packages as well. Clearly those have a different bar. It is
worth discussing, but I am inclined to think that we do need to VOTE on these
packages, but in this case we are voting at a certain level of trust for the
packager and translations.

Regards,
Dave