On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 3:52 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/1/12 12:39 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> Am 10/27/2012 01:17 AM, schrieb jan iversen:
>>> I see, I have to get used to this license issues (a long time ago I
>>> believed open source was just open source, then I joined an apache
>>> project).
>>>
>>> never mind.
>>>
>>> Would it be to our advantage if we offered third party developers
>>> (that is
>>> how I see extension developers) the possibility to register a language
>>> file
>>> and get it translated as part of the language packs ?
>>
>> Of course it would be to our advantage; or let's say for the project and
>> software. A lot of extensions would be available in many languages.
>>
>> However, I don't know where we should draw the line to set a limit. When
>> we select here and there some extensions, then the other developers will
>> ask why not their extensions.
>
> It's quite simple I would say, if people want develop extensions under
> ALv2 and want to contribute the code to the project. We can easy create
> a special section in our repo where we can host them.
>
> But this means they have to be handled in the same way as all other
> stuff here. Means a new release have to be voted...

+1

I think the important thing is this:  We don't just want code.  We
want communities.  So if an extension author thinks that their
extension is generally useful and he/she wants to join the AOO
community and work on the extension here, and allow others to work on
it as well, then this is good.  We can have a set of "standard
extensions".