On 02.11.2012 08:12, Kevin Grignon wrote:
Hello All,

Here is a design trade off to consider for the bevel vs flat tab design.

While the bevel has a nice association between the tab and it's content, it
does add visual noise, takes up more real estate and is inconsistent with
the current feedback paradigm for other action icons. Flat uses less real
estate, is cleaner and reinforces the feedback paradigm.

On the mockups I like flat better, but it is hard to judge without seeing the rest of the side bar. You need an association between the currently visible side bar content and its icon. I am not sure that the flat version can already give that.

-Andre