Hi Rob,

Rob Weir schrieb:
On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de> wrote:
Hi,

Rob Weir schrieb:

For those bringing cameras to ApacheCon, could I ask you to take
photographs in the following topics, for future AOO marketing, website
and social media use:

- photos of speakers, either during their presentation or before/after
their talk.

- audience photographs

- photographs of project members talking informally, at the conference
or at social gatherings

- photographs of computer screens running AOO, or looking at AOO source
code

- location shots that give a sense of the place, e.g., showing
ApacheCon logo or AOO logo.

Be creative and have fun!  I wish I could be there.

Please keep in mind, that you need the permission of the persons, if you
make the picture available on a website. In Germany that is mandatory and
only in case of "Personen der Zeitgeschichte" such permission is not needed.

Does this depend on the fact that the photo was taken in Germany?  I
believe our website is in the US.  Certainly Apache is a US-based
organization.

Under our laws, non-commercial, editorial use of photographs
containing identifiable people is fine, with a few exceptions.

Of course, we should respect the wishes of those in photographs,
regardless of whether applicable laws require it or not.

I'm no lawyer, so I know no details. In case of taken a picture of speakers, I would simple ask them to agree to be shown.

Kind regards
Regina