On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 6:50 AM, Rick McGuire <object.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not too sure what do with this one.  There are a number of APIs
> that have basically no meaning at all in the 4.0 world, and this is
> one of them.  ...  The line in the sand we've drawn so far has been to
> support documented APIs, but if you've used undocumented ones, well,
> tough.
>
> ...  My gut feeling is
> we should say "no" to this requested, but I'm willing to go with
> whatever the consensus is.

In principle I agree with this, and think we should say no to this
specific request based on that.

It is the line I intend to take in ooDialog.  Although, I did
compromise on one specific instance (BinaryAnd) because it had been
used through out the doc examples, even though it was not documented
anywhere.

I'm not 100% set against it in this case, because I'm not very
familiar with those APIs.  For instance, if it is a case that they
used it because in was in a lot public examples, even though not
documented.