Hi there,

just to update that the last show-stopper has gone away.

> What I could gather (was rather outworn and tired) on the 64-bit
> (Ubuntu) is the following:
>
>     * 64-bit ooRexx loading 64-bit Java via 64-bit libBSF4ooRexx.so
>       works as in 32-bit,
>     * 64-bit Java loadgint 64-bit libBSF4ooRexx.so (which then would
>       invoke 64-bit ooRexx) did not work (the 32-bit versions work). I
>       noticed it when testing 64-Bit OOo and dispatching ooRexx macros
>       which caused OOo to abend immediately, with no further
>       information. Trying to isolate (=simplify) the problem I arrived
>       at a scenario without OOo, just 64-bit Java loading 64-bit
>       libBSF4ooRexx.so which loads 64-bit ooRexx. The following occurred:
>           o There is a stack trace which leads to a
>             'java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>             org/rexxla/bsf/RexxDispatcher', which is part of the
>             BSF4ooRexx jar's, indicating that maybe the CLASSPATH is
>             not honored.
>           o invoking then with "java -d64 -Xcheck:jni -c $CLASSPATH
>             org.rexxla.bsf.RexxDispatcher path2rexx-java-program.rxj"
>             causes a simple message "terminate called after throwing
>             an instance of 'ActivityException'. Aborted" to be
>             displayed. I have no idea yet where 'ActivityException'
>             comes from.
>
> I seem to remember that the execution path Java->libBSF4ooRexx.so
> worked for 64-bit on Linux in the past, so not sure what is the cause.

the solution was to recompile the library, this time using the
java-6-openjdk include files. Not having time to dig into details
post-mortem at this time, so just taking it as it is:

    64-bit works both directions (ooRexx->libBSF4ooRexx.so loading Java
    and the external function library, and Java -> loading
    libBSF4ooRexx.so which then makes ooRexx available). Dispatching the
    ooRexx scripts from OOo therefore works and does not abend OOo
    anymore, happy to say.

Still a few things to do, before creating a (stable) beta for the
public, among other things, testing the Windows de/installation scripts
on XP and W7.

And afterwards in a big hurry to create the slides for next week's
presentations at the yearly OOo conference...

---rony