I don't mean to start a war or anything, but shouldn't the package
manager, apt-get, if not install required prerequisite packages, at
least warn the user that prerequisites have not been satisfied?  Or is
this a case that the package to be installed, doesn't list all
prerequisites?  It just seems like this is the kind of thing computers
should be doing.

Bruce