Mark Miesfeld <miesf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If the ooSQLite package gets included in the ooRexx distribution then an
> application written that uses ooSQLite will run on any system where the
> user of the application has ooRexx installed.  And the user will not have
> to install anything else.

But hopefully there's some way that the user can choose to install something
else - a different build of whatever binary you provide, that has a
different SQLite build inside(*) it?

 * - if it is statically linked 'inside' your binary?  Or are you allowing
     a named DLL to be loaded by your interface code?

I know from reading the SQLite users mail list - though I've not yet used
SQLite for anything - that some users also make custom builds of SQLite
themselves (see compile flags at http://www.sqlite.org/compile.html ).  I
would expect that if someone was using a custom-built SQLite binary for some
application they'd want to be able to include it or build an equivalent into
an instance of the ooRexx SQLite package, if they wanted to use ooRexx as
part of that application.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own