On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Mark Miesfeld <miesf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 8:11 AM, Rick McGuire <object.r...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Ok, maybe XML Mind is not necessarily such a good option.  I tried using
> it
> > to make a small change, and it reformatted the entire file so that the
> diff
> > on the file ended up being pretty much everything.  Not sure that is
> > acceptable or not, although it might not be a bad idea to use this to
> > reformat all of the files so that the deltas come out smaller.
>
> In general, that would bother me having big diffs because of a lot of
> reformatting changes.  In this case, the .xml files, I could probably
> just ignore it.  It would be obvious why it was happening
>
> You're right that a one time reformatting of the files might be a good
> idea.  It kind of pushes everyone to use the same editor?
>
> I'll have to try XML Mind and see if I like it better than what I'm
> used to, using SlickEdit.  I'd rather not reformat the ooDialog files
> at this time.  The current formatting tells me which areas I have
> reviewed completely and which areas I still need to check.
>
> I have no problem with reformatting  the other doc files though.  If I
> need to make changes to the other doc, I usually try to keep the same
> formatting anyway.  Shouldn't be too hard to match whatever format XML
> Mind puts them in.  I'm assuming it is a consistent format.  ;-)

Quite consistent :-)  Stuff is nicely indented and pretty consistent tag
placement.  The really nice part about using this is being able to look at
this in WYSIWYG mode.  If nothing else, you can take a quick look at what
you wrote to see how it will render...or in my case, catch any errors with
using the markup!

Rick