Mark Miesfeld wrote:

> Change the code to this:
>
> *#undef* RUN_AS_DAEMON
>
> #ifdef RUN_AS_DAEMON
> #define OOREXX_PIDFILE "/var/run/ooRexx.pid"
> bool run_as_daemon = true;
> #else
> #define OOREXX_PIDFILE "/*<your_home_directory>*/ooRexx.pid"
> bool run_as_daemon = *true*;
> #endif
>

> Then rebuild and install to a directory you have write and execute
> privileges.  Without testing, I believe that should work.

Aaaahhh, so that is why for AIX there was the mkdir /var/run instruction.

I think I will use the same directory that the prefix is configured to, and
mkdir /var/run within that prefix structure.

> If you have problems, you're on your own.

Oh but you are all coming up with such creative techniques... how could I not
continue this thread to its successful completion! ;-)

Thank you very much! You have certainly encouraged me.

Oh... so if this does work... then could the configure with prefix command
update this file on behalf of the person compiling and take care of making the
directory?

Sincerely,

--
Michael Lueck