Hi there,

at <https://sourceforge.net/projects/bsf4oorexx/files/beta/20150512/> you'll
find a new beta version
of BSF4ooRexx (an external function package to allow ooRexx access to Java, and
Java access to
ooRexx), a zip-archive for Windows and Linux, and two MacOSX installation
packages, one for 32- and
one for 64-bit ooRexx.

There are two changes, one important but minor, one major:

  * This version attempts to fix an installation issue on 64-bit Windows,
running 32-bit Rexx (which
    also needs a 32-bit Java installed). (So Les, you might want to try this
version!)

  * This version fullly supports JSR-223 (the Java scripting framework in the
package javax.script),
    which means that any Java program can take advantage of ooRexx scripts by
using the Java
    scripting standard. Please look-up the samples in "samples/Java/jsr223"
which highlights the
    full implementation done for ooRexx, i.e. including the Java interfaces
Compilable and Invocable.
  *

    It would be interesting to learn how it does performancewise as well. So,
if you have a
    possibility to test multiple JSR-223 languages and compare them with the
ooRexx scripting
    engine, then please share your findings!

As I am off for a few days, I only will become able to react upon questions
starting next Monday.

If you find bugs, please file them with the sourceforge bsf4oorexx tracker.

---rony