Hälsningar/Regards/Grüsse,
P.O. Jonsson
oor...@jonases.se

> Am 02.01.2019 um 23:13 schrieb René Jansen <rvjan...@xs4all.nl>:
>
> Hi P.O.,
>
> what Erich meant is that for some time now the *environment variable*
> containing the dyld library path is not inherited in subshells. We have to
> use dyld as that is the way shared libraries on macOS work. We have to work
> at making sure this environment variable is not needed anymore - and that it
> will run on systems with SIP enabled, which would be most user systems. This
> is possible using the install_name_tool, although for librexxutil a solution
> must be found, for which, if I am not mistaken, Rick just opened a sandbox
> directory. Did you try to run without either LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH?

I ran the installation without any of those, IMO they are not needed. And I
certainly have SIP enabled, it was a fresh install directly from a stick.

I have read a lot about it on the internet, many people have this problem, all
these seems to have problems

DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH
LIBRARY_PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I read some articles discouraging of the use of DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, as the the
path of dynamic library should be fixed using -install_name, @rpath, and
@loader_path. This is also why I asked what had been changed in the recent
versions, two weeks ago this strategy did not work.