Thanks for pointing that out. The NetRexx discussion was about product release
number, i.e. the number that the translator tells you in the logo. The code
states ‘language level’ indeed, but as far as I can go back this was never
different from the product release level. (It was a product only for a short
time, I think from VM/ESA 2.3 to z/VM 5.1).