Don't you also have to ensure rxapi is stopped/started when switching between different versions?

Gil

On 4/12/2020 6:35 AM, Erich Steinböck wrote:

    provide Linux installers for an *alternative installation
    location* for those who really need it, say to /opt or /usr/local/
    rather than to /usr?

While I agree that our installers should not install to /usr but to /usr/local instead (which I think was what Enrico suggests and what CMake GNU default is), I don't want to have to provide multiple installers. Anyone who needs an installer for /opt can always build with -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/oorexx or such.

     juggling several rexx installations: how is it done on the
Windows platform? I have set up a bunch of aliases (set with doskey /macrofile=doskey.mac in a profile.bat which runs when starting a Command Prompt) like rexx4 or rexx5r or rexx532d pointing to various rexx.exe builds, and a bat file rexx5rev.bat which allows me to run rexx.exe from a choice of saved build revisions. No additional setup is required, these build (or saved) paths don't have to be in PATH .. when searching for its associated files, the interpreter will look first in the same directory as the executable.

Gil Barmwater