Hi Jon,

.
> I would say that this is a documentation bug as the documentation lists
> two different behaviours which can't both be right, and the code only
> displays one of these behaviors.

I think my earlier email about find a VM/CMS example went though, but in
case it didn't (I sent it from a tablet).  I found an example in my old
notes, while at Cray Research, Inc, of using it as:

Current_Dir = directory(New_Dir)  where New_Dir was a valid location.

I also think I successfully used this coding using classic Rexx under OS/2
Warp, but have yet to find my old OS/2 Warp drives.

As all implementations of the language should match and VM/CMS, OS/2 Warp,
MVS, etc all came earlier, I'd say the documentation and code both are off
in their own ways.  The documentation needs to be clear, obviously.  Also
the implementation should allow functions, such as the directory, to
function the same regardless.

Would this be two bug reports or one for two areas?

Bert.