Eugene Surowitz <su...@attglobal.net> writes:

[...]

| BUT: I just got the "open-axiom-1.4.2.tar.bz2"
| 9.6MB down with no problem!
| So the headache seems to revolve around "Download GNU tarball"
| on page "http://svn.open-axiom.org/viewvc/open-axiom/";

Thanks for the detective work.  I think you've nailed the problem.
Looking at the date stamps gave me a clue of what is going.

SourceForge nudged us to "upgrade" to a new "project management system",

   http://sourceforge.net/blog/upgrades-april22/

and made the "old" version of the project obsolete.  Apparantly, we still
have some old links around.  I thought I fixed all the links.  I will
fix all that remains -- sometime tonight (I have class in an hour.)

-- Gaby