On 8/8/06, James Richard Tyrer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Timothy Miller wrote:
> Well, when we're discussing our programmable video conroller, is it
> hardware of software?  :)

Doesn't really matter.  What I meant to point out is that the video
controller would need to output both the normal and the advanced sync
pulse all the time -- it wouldn't know what type of monitor it was
driving.  That would be hardware.  OTOH, if the controller knew that it
was driving a composite sync monitor and modified the sync timing, that
would be software.

Oh, I see.  Well, for Head 0:  What I suggest is that we first use
DDC.  If that isn't there, then we default to [EMAIL PROTECTED] standard VGA
signal.  Pre-DDC multisync monitors do that just fine.
Fixed-frequency monitors are a completely separate issue.  I'm talking
about stock behavior here.
_______________________________________________
Open-graphics mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.duskglow.com/mailman/listinfo/open-graphics
List service provided by Duskglow Consulting, LLC (www.duskglow.com)

Reply via email to