The times we have seen this have appeared to have been "Staff captures for hold, puts it on the shelf, action/trigger sends out notice, some other staff member cancels that hold and captures for another within a few hours, another notice goes out, the first patron then shows up and is annoyed that the item isn't available for them".

Though I suppose it could also happen if a double-scan in during checkin caused two holds to be captured for.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium

Quoting Jesse Ephraim <jephr...@roanoketexas.com>:

We have had a few incidents where Evergreen has sent a notice out to more than one person on the Holds list for the same single item (only one copy held by the library). Has anyone else experienced this?

Jesse Ephraim
Director, Roanoke Public Library
Roanoke, TX