Hello All, I was notified by Brent Mills (Sage) on IRC that one of the 
presentations at the conference covered fixing the issue with the series facet 
where the 490 subfield v is included.  So instead of one entry for the series, 
you get one entry per volume of the series.  I just wanted to bring it up here 
in case anyone is searching for it in the future.  I would be for this just 
being included in the default system, but I'm not a cataloger so I don't know 
if this is generally applicable or not.

The presentation was Metadata Abattoir by Mike Rylander
https://evergreen-ils.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/eg16-Prime-cuts.pdf

Our 490a data wasn't all uniform, the space before the semicolon is missing in 
many cases, so I adjusted the regexp from " ;.*" to ";.*" so more of our 490's 
would get fixed without needing to modify the marc data.

We also have a bunch of 490 entries that leave out the semicolon, so I either 
need to fix the marc for all of those, or find out how to not include the 490v 
in the first place.  I need to learn much more about xpath and mods before I 
can figure that out though. (oh, looks like Mike explained how to do that back 
in 2012 - http://markmail.org/message/l7cfk7fcj2xmw27t - sweet!)

A reingest is needed after the new normalizer is specified before you will see 
changes in the facet data.  I used the following to only reingest the records 
that contained a semicolon in the series facet, limited to 9000 records in a 
batch.

select metabib.reingest_metabib_field_entries(source) from metabib.facet_entry 
where field=1 and value ~ ';.*$' limit 9000;
Thanks
Josh

Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org
Josh Stompro     | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139
LARL IT Director | Cell 218.790.2110

Reply via email to