That's another option that I use, but a general keyword search is not
always the most efficient search. And, though it is only one click, why
click when you don't have to?. Sometimes I have a list of titles that I'm
working through, and a general keyword search requires me to type more
words in order to get a reasonably limited result list.

Also F3 doesn't speak to the Browse search which, as a cataloger, I use at
least as much as the keyword search options. It just seems reasonable to me
that it shouldn't require a triple click (etc.) to do a search from the
screen I am on.

I'm not a programmer, so I'm probably way off base, but aren't we only
talking about a tiny line of code?

--
Don Butterworth
Collection Management Librarian /