Ah, ok! It looks like I was wrong in my earlier e-mail. The preferred library does show in the counts, and I see what you're saying. The non-visible copies display in the counts if the branch is the search library or for parents of the search library.

However, when the count is for the preferred library, you are correct that it's not displaying non-visible copies, which is inconsistent with the other counts.

I would consider this to be a bug. I don't see an existing one in Launchpad, so I think we'll need to file on.

Kathy