From: Open-ils-general
[mailto:open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Aubrey
Area Library
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 1:38 PM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <open-ils-general@list.georgialibraries.org>
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Circulation Limit Sets

Hey Scott,

Basically circulation/hold policies are applied at the circulating library. If
your library does not have a holds limit then your patrons are free to place as
many holds as they wish, both at your library and other libraries in you
resource sharing situation. Same with checkout. I am not sure it there is an
option to change this in evergreen or not. Our library is in a consortium of 13
other libraries and in the beginning decided to let each others polices dictate
checkout limits instead.

I am a bit confused though. If the Circulation library and the Owning library
are the same then are we not talking about one library.

Thanks,
Jordan

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 11:43 AM,
scott.tho...@sparkpa.org<mailto:scott.tho...@sparkpa.org>
<scott.tho...@sparkpa.org<mailto:scott.tho...@sparkpa.org>> wrote:
I have a question about Circulation Limit Sets. I know the policy is applied to
the Owning Library, but I was wondering how it would work in a resource sharing
situation. Say Library X has a Circulation Limit of 5 DVDs and Library Y has no
circulation limits at all. A patron at Library Y places a hold on seven DVDs
that are fulfilled by Library X and sent to Library Y for pickup. Is the patron
at Library Y prevented from checking out DVD’s 6 and 7 or are Library X’s
limits not in force at Library Y even though Library X owns the items?
Conversely, if a patron at Library X tries to check out twelve of Library Y’s
DVDs, will they be able to? Let’s assume, for the sake of simplicity, that the
Circulation Library and the Owning Library are the same in all of these items.

Thank you in advance for helping me with this.

Scott

Scott Thomas
Executive Director
PaILS / SPARK
(717) 873-9461<tel:(717)%20873-9461>
scott.tho...@sparkpa.org<mailto:scott.tho...@sparkpa.org>
System]<http://www.palibrary.org/pails/>

--

If you need further assistance, please contact the library at 940-365-9162 or
send a reply email.

226 Countryside Dr., Aubrey, TX 76227