Our consortium has a few libraries where the Evergreen staff client periodically becomes unusably slow or freezes up altogether. I'm curious about other libraries' experiences with this problem.

1. Does the staff client slow down or freeze up regularly at your library? How often does it happen? Are there any noticeable patterns (e.g. are only circ stations affected, not cataloguing)?

2. How do you deal with the problem? We usually recommend limiting the number of open tabs, restarting the client periodically throughout the day, and increasing RAM.

3. If you use the web client, have you noticed an improvement? We suspect that the root of the problem is the ancient version of XULrunner used by the old staff client, but we haven't had the opportunity to compare the web client in production.
--
Jeff Davis
BC Libraries Cooperative