When we teach elementary and/or middle school students to use the catalog,
one best practice strategy is to look up a subject (cats), find the Call
number with the biggest number of hits (629), go to the shelves and browse
the cat books.

While the OPAC shelf browser is one approach to looking at the collection
in that subject area, you still have to pick one book to start the browsing.

Our Maine Balsam Evergreen Consortium is on 2.8.3.

Do any of the upgrades include a "sort by call number in the relevance" for
the OPAC?

Or is there a way to add this feature, both in the OPAC and for KPAC use?

Thanks.

Nancy B. Grant
Maine Balsam Libraries Consortium President
Retired LMS, NBCT
Dover-Foxcroft, Maine
207-564-3098
nbgran...@gmail.com