From: Open-ils-general
[mailto:open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Rogan
Hamby
Sent: Friday, September 1, 2017 1:54 PM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <open-ils-general@list.georgialibraries.org>
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Aged_Circulation

Hi Jim, Benjamin,

There are a number of differences that touch on aged versus not-aged
circulations.  It's certainly true that circulations can be moved out of
action.circulation to keep that table size down and that can be useful when we
discuss things like tablespaces and Postgres.

However, to me the major difference is that the action.circulation table
attaches back to the actor.usr table, i.e. there is a link between the patron
and the circulation.  That link goes bye bye when a circ is moved to
action.aged_circulation.  Some patron information is recorded in aged
circulations for future statistical reporting purposes such as the user's post
code, home org unit, profile group and birth year but the patron themselves is
no longer identifiable.  Obviously, this can be of significant value for patron
privacy.

Rogan Hamby

Data and Project Analyst

Equinox Open Library Initiative